# 1 -
Posted on 4/25/2021 14:42:28
What would you like the theme to be?
Total Votes: 0
Mostly repeats again, but I think the winner here will be for a single month rather than two as we've had recently.
- Food-Themed Games - Anything that's heavily based on food, such as BurgerTime and Overcooked.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - If you're looking to hit all the highs and lows of gaming, this is the one you want. It would include some awesome games, some not so awesome games, and some downright awful games...not for the faint of heart!
- Mechs 'n Robots - I predict many explosions when playing these games.
- SNK Games - Only games developed / published by SNK.
- Sports-Themed Games - The "themed" part is important as it allows stuff like Soccer Kid and Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude.
# 2 -
Posted on 5/1/2021 13:47:37
The theme for this month is "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"...by a landslide! Since it's basically themed on opinions, it's a very subjective theme. For those that are curious though, here's the rationale I used when trying to find games:
I wanted to select a full list of games that had never been a bounty before. I think I achieved this, unless one slipped through on me. The way the games are listed on the Home page are in their below categories, then alphabetically. Since I'm hoping people actually play some of these, I skewed towards "THE GOOD" by having 12 titles there and then 6 titles between the other two categories.
I relied heavily on the user ratings here on Completionator. I basically sorted by rank and semi-randomly picked some from the top. I was stunned to find out that games like Metal Gear Solid, Psychonauts, StarCraft, and Pikmin 2 had never been bounties. These are some of my favorite games of all time! I'm so disappointed in myself
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
- Hollow Knight
- Mario Kart 64
- Metal Gear Solid (1998)
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
- Pikmin 2
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
This was the hardest category to come up with. Despite the name, I was actually looking for middle-of-the-road kinda games. You know, games that aren't super terrible, but aren't that great either. It wasn't intentional, but I ended up with a collection of games that I guess could be considered disappointments in well-established franchises. The exception there being Maximum Force, though one could argue it was a disappointment since it followed up the massively successful Area 51...it still met the criteria here as it's an okay game that's not terrible, but completely forgettable.
- Devil May Cry 2
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Enter the Matrix
- Maximum Force
- Sonic Forces
- South Park
Now this was my favorite category to put together. In case you haven't noticed by some of my reviews and the "Bad Games" challenge series here on the site, I do enjoy a terrible game from time to time. And boy do we have some clunkers here! I had a larger list in my head, but referenced the Wikipedia articles on notoriously bad games to make sure these were really bad. I don't think all of these are referenced there, but several are.
- Bad Rats
- Deadly Towers
- Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
- Simpsons Wrestling
Post Edited on 5/1/2021 13:48:30